Thursday 9 April 2015

Her(itage)

The last few months have ushered in a wave of change in my life, hence the absence. I decided that this post should be dedicated to creativity without thinking therefore it is neither a look post nor is it a conceptual post but rather a celebration of expression and going beyond the conventional limits. I wanted to portray myself without being contrived but also use different things which belong to me as symbolic references of who I am. Whether it be my braids, my favourite jacket or my bag: these things for part of my external identity.
As one can(hopefully) tell I am very proud of my African heritage and strive to embrace it more with my upcoming work.  This post may seem weird or not make sense but I hope that one of these pictures captures your eye. Self exploration means challenging yourself and sometimes going against the grain, maybe this is the start of something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment