Tuesday 6 May 2014

MET Gala Ball 2014

I am reluctant to actually create a post on any fashion event because I have a certain aesthetic that I want to uphold on my blog, one that shies away from glitz glamour and celebrity gossip because aren't there enough websites and magazines that feature that? right, anyway I hold a special exception for the MET Ball because of what it stands for, it is not only an event where influential people come to flaunt their attire so to speak but a celebration of art which saw the museum celebrate the opening of its exhibition dedicated to couturier Charles James, many embraced "old school elegance" in the most wonderfully romantic and edgy way. There were obviously some stand outs and those are the ones that I have chosen to feature in this post. From my picks, it is clear to see that I preferred the more minimal looks as opposed to those that took the theme too literally.(eek!)

Feast your eyes.


Rihanna in Stella McCartney standing next to Stella herself. 

Kristin Stewart the face of Chanel dressed in Chanel


Blake Lively in Gucci

Victoria Bekham in her own design


                                                   Cara Delevigne in Stella McCartney
                                               Gisele wore a Balenciaga gown.

Anne Hathaway wore a top and skirt by Calvin Klein Collection.

Hailee Steinfeld wore a gown by Prabal Gurung


Emma Stone in a custom-made top and skirt by Thakoon 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment